Saturday, December 8, 2012

Groups


      I think high performing groups are the hardest to leave. In my adulthood I have not been part of any real groups where I was working towards something. I can remember how wonderful it felt in high school being a member of the track team. We had been together for four years and when it can to an end it was one of the hardest things for me to leave. Our team worked well together we did have our ups and down but we became a family. It was hard to say Good Bye.
       When I entered college the team was much large so things were very different than high school. People came from many different places and backgrounds it seemed harder for everyone to connect. You had your clicks, all of the distance runners were together and they didn't really interact with the sprinters and if you did a field event you were totally separate. When leaving that team it wasn't as hard as before.
      Working with these groups of people in these online courses is different, but you do get use to reading comments and post from familiar names, and I think it gives me some kind of comfort. I think that it will be more difficult not having the routine of doing work weekly. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about not having routine work to do and how different that will be. It will almost feel like a let-down I think because we are all achieving so much right now and we will want to have that same weekly feeling of success. I have been a part of sports teams all of my life and I find that leaving the ones I had in high school was hard too. You get to know each other so well, you practice together, travel to games together and you know your teammates parents, so when that is over, it is sad to let that all go. I am so happy because so many of my old teammates and even their parents are still my friends, some I see on a weekly basis. I really think sports team create such a unique bond between people because you are learning life lessons while you are playing.

    ReplyDelete